Saturday, November 7

the secret is to keep busy...


and a busy day indeed it has been for pinche-fjun! woke up at 9ish, but stayed in bed til 10. did my usual online-newspaper-round, then it was off to the shops and the market for some food shopping. barely made it up the hill and home with the shopping.

(random pic of petite moi prior to a night out with the boys last night...and YES, I really should clean that mirror)

food experiment #1: kladdkaka
once at home I made kladdkaka (not sure how to translate it...but it's sort of a sticky chocolate cake thing). I left them in the oven slightly too long, but they still taste pretty yummy, but really should have been a lot stickier.


food experiment #2: rolls
made some really nice rolls (yes, nice, believe it or not!)...I made three batches. One containing walnuts (inspired by the m&s bread), one with toasted sunflower seeds and one with dried fried onions. I think I can guess what you're thinking...dried fried onion...yuck! but it actaully works!

(these are NOT rolls! I made these muffins a few weeks ago and they have nothing to do with this post, but I think they turned out really pretty and so wanted to share this pic with you peeps)

food experiment #3:
I LOVE cream of tomato soup, but it's proven quite impossible getting hold of it in swedenland, so what to do...? well, there's only one thing for it...DIY cream of tomato soup. it's actaully not that difficult, despite me being a terrible cook.

(DIY cream of tomato soup and home made dried fried onion roll)

took a little break after all the cooking and baking and watched a girly film...the devil wears prada. I could be making lots of really bad excuses now, but I'm not going to. it's a film. it's easy on the brain. it's fairly entertaining. I like "easy" films...if I want something heavy I'll read a book.

as today's theme is to keep busy...I decided to rearrange the furniture in my flat. my desk was in a small alcove in the hallway, but it now lives in the bay window in my living room. so now I can watch the traffic go by as I write. pretty sweet. the living room gets too sunny/hot in the summer for my computers, but should be fine in the dark, dark, daaark winter months.


been listening to radiohead all day (all week in fact). a bit of radiohead always manage to cheer me up! I never understood why people found them depressing...their music has the opposite effect on me. I'm not saying their music is cheerful, it isn't, I just don't find it depressing...you get me?! Am I the only person in the world of who feels this way...?

(fritz and I walked past thom yorke in portobello road a few years ago...he's about my height...tiny, tiny man, but beautiful, beautiful voice)

it's only midnight...looks like most people have gone to bed already, or maybe they've just gone out (us swedsters go out really late, usually around midnight)...and I'm running out of things to do...

...of course, there's still the mountain of washing up in the kitchen!

No comments: