Thursday, December 17

snöradioheadsnöradioheadsnöradioheadsnöradioheadsnö


I don't think it's snowed this much, this close to christmas since the mid eighties!!! it started yesterday when I was out on my round in maria park and it pretty much hasn't stopped since. there are only a few inches of snow on the ground, but it's been quite warm and it melts at about the same rate as it hits the ground. just checked my thermometre and it's exactly 0c now, and it keeps getting colder so with a bit of luck I'll be snowed in by tomorrow morning!!! ;)

not too keen on driving around in walter in this weather...

(törnsångaregatan in maria park from inside walter tuesday afternoon...it had only just begun snowing at this point)

(the view from my livingroom wednesday night...the road is completely covered in snow now...white, white and yet more whiteness is all I see)

(törnsångaregatan at about 1pm today, thursday 17/12)

speaking of work...we're on our christmas rota as of this week, which means an even earlier start (I usually work 6.30am-2.20pm). this week and next we start ar 5.45am and finish at 3pm...which in turn means I have to wake up at 4.45am (3.45gmt)...it must be illegal!!! ...and I have to wake up at this insufferable hour because people are sending millions of christmas cards! christmas cards that gets chucked in the bin (by most people...I don't, I keep all mine) when the holidays are over. now, I'm not going to rant on and on about christmas cards, I just want a little bit of sympathy for having to wake up so dreadfully early! so please remember this when you get your christmas cards...somewhere there's a postie that's had to drag him-/herself to work several hours before you've even had your first cup of tea/coffee that morning, just so that those glittery little paper cards will reach you before christmas!

appreciation for your postie...is best shown with a gift containing lots and lots of chocolate!

this is my current top 20 radiohead/thom yorke playlist...I'm listening to it as I write this blog post!
  • last flowers (in rainbows disc 2)
  • the national anthem (kid a)
  • idioteque (kid a)
  • I might be wrong (amnesiac)
  • a wolf at the door (hail to the thief)
  • how to disappear completely (kid a)
  • 15 step (in rainbows - scotch mist version)
  • no surprises (ok computer)
  • amnesiac/morning bell (amnesiac)
  • talk show host (the bends: collector's edition)
  • and it rained all night (burial remix) (harrowdown hill ep)
  • cymbal rush (the eraser)
  • skip divided (the eraser)
  • rabbit in your headlights (from UNKLE: psyence fiction)
  • hearing damage (new moon soundtrack)
  • the eraser (the eraser)
  • dollars and cents (amnesiac)
  • jigsaw falling into place (in rainbows)
  • sit down, stand up (hail to the thief)
  • videotape (in rainbows)
  • go slowly (in rainbows - from the basement)

No comments: