Monday, December 28

Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest From all the unborn chicken voices in my head


of the 160 odd radiohead/thom yorke related songs on my douglas*, and the overall fantasticness of radiohead, with the new stuff, the old stuff, the various thom yorke side projects, you'd think that maybe, a song that was released in 1997 on ok computer could easily get lost in the mix. not the case with paranoid android...my latest addiction! in fact, I'm in the process of re-discovering ok computer as an album. despite having listened to NOTHING but radiohead for a good couple of months now, I haven't really listened that much to ok computer (or pablo honey...but for different reasons). I lived/breathed/ate/drank ok computer when it was first released...it's not that I got bored with it, but I've felt I wanted to explore some of the radiohead albums I have listened less to over the years, like kid a and amnesiac.

(one of the best albums of all time...? YES!)
(album cover design: stanley donwood...as ever!)

want to immerse your soul in paranoid androidness? do not despair, it's only a click away!

paranoid android live at saitama super arena, japan, 2008 (this is partly shot in a mtv-y style, especially the middle- and end sections...maybe best steer clear of this one if you're a migrane sufferer or are prone to dizzy spells and/or epilepsy! but it's so f**king great though, so might be worth a look-see nevertheless!)
paranoid android live at later with jools holland, 1997

(*my beloved ipod)
(blog title: excerpt from paranoid android by radiohead/ok computer)

No comments: