Monday, December 21

Forget about your house of cards And I'll do mine Fall off the table Get swept under Denial, denial


today has been an all round good-ish, albeit in parts frustrating day.

I woke up at 4.30am, got up 4.48am (I snoozed my alarm 2x9 minutes)...had a shower, got dressed and cycled to work in the freezing cold on snow covered, icy streets. arrived at work a lot earlier than predicted and had to wait for the gates to open. went in, had a cup of hot chocolate and chatted to my sister for a while. then I started sorting christmas cards. then some more christmas cards. breakfast! then back to sorting christmas cards...and so the day went until it was home time at 3pm. 9 hours of sorting christmas cards...what is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything...42! more like 42-million christmas cards!


(this is roughly the amount of boxes of christmas cards I sorted through today. I have no idea why the beardy man in the pic looks so f**king happy!?!
...he obviously doesn't work for posten!!!)

...and I couldn't even listen to radiohead whilst doing this utterly menial task! :(

now, on a happier and tastier note... I've been baking this evening!!! again! again=I made colourful cupcakes for adian's birthday party on saturday (adian is my friends carolin and john's one year old son). I'll upload a pic of the cupcakes when I get the pics from carolin. no cupckaes today, instead I made lussekatter (saffron buns). I've just had one, and I don't want to boast or anything...but it tasted like heaven in a reversed S-shape with saffron! traditionally, we (that's us swedish people) put raisins in the lussekatts too...but as I think fruit in food is criminal, so I left them out.

(skinny lussekatts)

(fat lussekatts)

(I forgot to eggwash them before they went into the oven, hence the "dry look"...ARGH...I always forget something...or maybe I should start to read the recipes more carefully before embarking on any baking adventure in the future...just a thought)

I'm gonna have myself a lussekatt and a cup of lady tea now... :)


dan före dan för dan före dopparedan...!

(blog title: excerpt from house of cards by radiohead ...shocking!)

No comments: