Saturday, July 4

to review or not to review...


it's been a pretty uneventful week in pinche-fjunland...just a lot of grocery shopping, laundry laundry laundry, tidying the flat, vacuuming and mopping the floor, washing up and job hunting. but I felt it was about time I published a little blog article anyway, so I decided to write a mini review of a film I watched the other day.

directed by: stephen frears
starring: john cusack, jack black, iben hjejle, todd louiso, joan cusack, tim robbins etc
---
...can't actually be bothered to write a proper review...I have a feeling you peeps have already seen this film and know what it's about anyway, hence me spending valuable time writing a review would be utterly pointless...!!! ;)
but I can reveal that had I actually reviewed it I would have given it **** out of a possible *****. is that too generous or too stingy? discuss.

watched a documentary on heavy metal last week and I urge you to watch it if you get the opportunity!!! it's called metal: a headbanger's journey (2005) and is by the canadian anthropologist and metal fan sam dunn. this is worth a viewing even if you're not a metal fan...the interviews with the norwegian black metal bands in particular are, eh...interesting!

I'm off to bed now! it would be really interesting to hear (read) your views on the above film and documentary! don't forget you can publish comments relating to the blogs I write (hint hint). a special thank you to dave for the nice comment you left on no hollywood for pinche-fjun... it really cheered me up! :)

No comments: