Monday, June 22

no hollywood for pinche-fjun...


...not yet anyway! ;)

needless to say, I didn't get the acting job!!! it would have been a lot of fun (and a lot of money), but I can't say that I'm in the least dissapointed. I do have an overwhelming sense of pride though...of the fact that I went through with it all and went and auditioned for the part. it might not be a big deal to some people, but to me...how can I describe it accuratly...! auditioning is almost scarrier than jumping out of a plane without a working parashute (ok, so I'm exagerating just a tad...but only a tad!!!). enough about that...I'm sure plenty more opportunities will come along shortly! :)

I've FINALLY got around to publishing some pics of the flat!!!

top to bottom...
kitchen 1: my very 70s kitchen table and chairs AND my new babushka curtains that my mum and I made today!!! my parents found the 50s kitchen scales at an auction earlier this year, and the bucket belonged to my great grandmother.
kitchen 2: my new fridge/freezer and cooker. the eclaire gave me the red wesco kettle as a leaving-london-present. people have a habit of buying me cook books, hence the small library on the art of cooking between the f/f and cooker.
living room 1: my super-cosy-mega-armchair that was a present from my aunt. my first ever cuddly toy, otto (he's the yellow/green cutie in the chair - he's been with me since I was a couple of week's old). HIF nallen also deserves a mention...he's only been with me since 2007, but is equally cute. my science mag collection in the yellow crates to the left of the chair and some of my beloved books on the right (I need a bookshelf soooo badly)!!!
living room 2: my records, my cds and my stereos!!! + my mini drum kit (I played the drums when I was younger a have wanted a drum kit for quite a while...so my sister and her boyfriend got me this little sweetie for christmas last year).
hallway: my "fry" corner. fry is the name of my mac - named after mr stephen fry and philip j. fry. also in this pic...my dream car, a miniature 55 chevrolet bel air (oh, how I wish it was the real deal)!!!

PS: the yucky yellow and terrifying terracotta is to be no more in a few week's time...I've decided to paint all the rooms in a nice "warm" white colour, then fill the walls with posters, paintings and pictures. I'm going to paint the kitchen table/chairs in a black vinyl colour too...not too keen on the brown wash (I know, it's hard to believe). more pics to come when it's all done, promise!!!!!

PS 2: just noticed there are a bunch of spelling mistakes in the above text! apologies, me very tired and very bad proof reader today!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fools! How could they not realise that the veg seal of quality on their products would guarantee an improvement in sales!

New place looks cool, already starting to look very personalised. Hope things look up on the job front soon Lady.

Dave