Tuesday, June 16

hollywood next???


I've probably already jinxed myself by telling most of my friends in swedenland the "good news" anyway, so I may as well tell the rest of you peepsters as well!

I've got an audition in malmö for a tv commercial this thursday afternoon!!!

there you have it! I've done it now! jinxed myself to places you can only dream of! not that I believe in the jinx effect any way - me not the least superstitious!

but yea...would you believe: me - audition - tv commercial!?!?! and the funny thing is, I haven't even applied for it! I was contacted by a production company yesterday, they had seen my profile on a website for extras. they basically emailed me to see if I would be interested in auditioning for the "lead" in a tv commercial they're shooting in copenhagen at the end of the month.

I haven't had to endure an audtion since the mid-ninties, when I was doing a bit of acting in a few theatre productions (both amateur and professional). was taken aback by it at first...I HATE AUDITIONS...in fact it's one of the things that I fear the most...not the actual audition, but all the thoughts and the nervousness leading up to it. it simply brings out the worst in me. was a bit relieved when the production company wrote back to me today saying the part requires no dialogue, all you have to do is look comfortable and act naturally in front of the camera. and I guess you have to be quite photogenic too...hmmm!

I'm still a bit nervous, but have decided to be brave and go through with it anyway. WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN!?!?! plus, I know I will regret it if I don't give it a go. It's just been such a loooooomg time since I did anything like this, I had almost forgotten what it feels like to be in pre-audition mode, hahaha!

keep your fingers crossed for me this thursday at 2pm sweden time / 1pm uk time!


ps: sorry about all the !!! I'm just in a very !!! sort of mood today!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaaahhhhh!!!! I knew you'd make into the star system a day ;)
so glad you got the audition, will keep both finger and toes crossed!!! wait for your next blog post to know....