Sunday, January 31

There are doors that lock And doors that don't There are doors that let you in and out But never open And there are trapdoors That you can't come back from

good afternoon!

yes, it has been a while, I know. I tend to blog when I'm bored, and well, it's been a pretty happening week and 1/2!

not sure where to start really...don't feel like I've got that much to write about somehow...or maybe I just don't really know how to write it.

my england trip can be summed up as follows: there was a fair amount of putting the world to rights, a fair amount of radioheading, a fair amount of record and book and shoe and clothes shopping, a fair amount of tea and coffee being consumed. I won't bore you with the details of my shopping list. ...no, I actually, I will...sorry...I know how boring this is, but I'm just so pleased with my purchases, and it's been a long time since I bought anything at all...with the exception of the radiohead stuff I got just after xmas...!

I got amnesiac (radiohead), they threw us all in a trench and stuck a monument on top (liars), nude 7" (radiohead) on vinyl, and happy birthday! (modeselektor) and conquista/conquest (las rayas blancas i.e. the white stripes) on cd. I could have bought a lot more...but my funds were somewhat limited! also bought what we say goes and failed states by noam chomsky and being and nothingness by jean-paul sartre at waterstones in oxford. got one of my all time favorite books for claire as a thank you: the outsider by albert camus. a great read, very beige, yet sunny, ever so slightly perverse but beautifully written. hoping the lady is enjoying it!


...and then there was oxford! fantastically, beautiful oxford!

(queen's lane, oxford)

(magdalen collage, oxford)

(man and his dog at the entrence to the botanical gardens, oxford)

(weird fishes but no arpeggi, botanical gardens, oxford)

I miss it...so very much!!! :(


here are some pics from the curling session last night...the team I was in, "knattarna", came third!!!



(blog title: excerpt from pulk/pull revolving doors by r_d__h__d.amnesiac)

No comments: