Saturday, March 14

I heart the kakapo


this blog is dedicated to one of may all-time favorite animals - the kakapo. The background is kakapo green(ish) and I've used a close up of kakapo feathers behind my title text.

please visit these links if you want to read more about the kakapo (it's a truly fascinating bird):

douglas adams and mark carwardine went to codfish island/new zealand in 1989 in search of the kakapo and you can find a recording of their adventure on the "last chance to see" website link above (under the radio tag). there are loads of other equally exciting stuff on that link as well...and I may as well recommend the book, "last chance to see" by adams and carwardine while I'm at it. stephen fry and mark carwardine are in the process of making a television series of "last chance to see"...I'll have to wait for it to be released on dvd, but you'll be able to catch it a lot sooner if you're in the UK.

No comments: